Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Chengdu

I arrived in Chengdu this early evening. I've never been here cos the last time i was in China they were just recovering from the earthquake. Weather's pretty good. I saw some nice buildings, including the one below. Quite a unique facade amidst the adjacent ugly buildings in a Tier II city in China.


Here's a closeup shot.



Reached my hotel. Quite a decent room really, though i was told by my ex-colleague that this hotel no good. I think they're getting to pompous for their own good really.



I ordered room service for dinner as I didnt want to go out and went the food came, it shocked me cos it looked damn familiar.



Look here and here.

Quite scary really. Almost three years down the road, here i am ordering the same food again. Hahah..

I was just told by the hotel staff that there might be a HUGE earthquake between 10-15 Sept. It's 10th Sept today and I leave on the 12th. ARGH. So scary...

No comments: