Search This Blog

Sunday, December 01, 2013

Gulp

After more than a year in my job, i have had enough of the old aunty in my team and have decided to sack her.

The truth is on the first day of work a year back in Singapore, the head of HR told me that my predecessor said that she was useless on the last day of work.

Then on my first day in Shanghai, the head of operations told me that I should just sack the entire team (Old Aunty and Small Boy) and start over. More about Small Boy later.

On my President's first trip to Shanghai after I came onboard, his first statement to me was that he was worried about the quality of my team.

The straw that broke the camel's back for me was that the Old Aunty made a mistake the other day in the contracts that puts the company in default IMMEDIATELY upon signing. The best thing is she didnt realise the mistake and it was the client who found it. I called her and the analyst into the office the next day at 8am to explain what happened. The meeting was at that time because i had a 9am meeting for the whole day for the same project in question.

She came in at 815am all huffed and puffed and said there was a traffic jam.

After some questioning which I dont want to get into too much details, she said we can still be 理直气壮about it because the contract isnt signed yet!

理直气壮!!

I said that how can you say that when it's your fault and if the client hadnt pointed it out, we would have been in default!

With that, she sealed her fate.


No comments: